Safe, Responsible Product Development and Management
Monsanto Company is firmly committed to its legal, ethical and moral obligation to ensure that its products and technologies are safe and environmentally responsible. Monsanto demonstrates this commitment through Product Stewardship.
Product Stewardship efforts at Monsanto are supported by the industry-wide efforts of organizations like Excellence Through StewardshipSM, an affiliate of the Biotechnology Industry Organizations (BIO), the Canadian Seed Trade Association (CSTA) and the Canadian Corn Pest Coalition (CCPC).
To ensure farmers reap all the benefits of its products, Monsanto:
- Explains and promotes proper and responsible use of its products
- Manages product identity, integrity and quality
- Meets or exceeds all government, industry and self-imposed regulations and approvals
- Manages market impacts associated with product introduction
- Continues stewardship of products in the marketplace